Premium DNS: What is it?
You might receive more of everything if you use a Premium DNS service. More DNS servers and zones are accessible. Furthermore, you have more influence over how the traffic flows. You’ll notice a difference in loading speed once you start utilizing it. Additionally, it will result in better security, SEO, and uptime.
If you can’t afford downtime for your company, you should look into the Premium DNS service. A DNS solution like this could be beneficial for any more extensive website than a little personal blog.
If the number of visitors keeps increasing, you should seriously consider this service.
Do you need to invest in Premium DNS?
Several valuable features are available with Premium DNS as a service. However, it does more than help your website run smoothly. Here are some of its principal advantages:
- Maintain the security of your website. The use of a Premium DNS service raises the level of protection for your website to new heights. It, therefore, defends you against DoS and DDoS attacks. The validity and integrity of the transferred data are also preserved.
- Accelerate the speed. Users leave your site if it doesn’t load promptly, as demonstrated by statistics. Therefore, making sure your website loads quickly is a good idea. How do you accomplish that? Through the use of the Premium DNS service. Your website will be quick and easily accessible from anywhere in the world thanks to its global network and several servers.
- DNSSEC. Support for Domain Name System Security Extensions is another feature that Premium DNS supports. It is a specification that adds another layer of security to websites and web applications to protect them from cyberattacks (DoS attacks, DDoS attacks, DNS spoofing, etc.)
So, should you invest in it? The answer is yes! If your business generates a lot of traffic, the Premium DNS service may be worthwhile to explore. This way, you will be able to regulate it and your global presence. In this situation, continuous uptime is essential. You must be equipped to react to millions of international inquiries.
What do you need to know before paying for it?
- What market or markets are you aiming for?
Verify the locations of the DNS servers used by potential DNS providers. Even international service providers do not uniformly cover the globe.
- How many DNS queries must your DNS service be able to process each month?
Some plans are unlimited, however, they can be out of your price range. Determine how many inquiries you require. With a Free plan, you can do it and see when your restrictions are about to be reached.
- What number of DNS records do you require?
The quantity of DNS records is restricted in all plans, even Premium ones. Therefore, it is likely that you will be able to host thousands of data, but it is still helpful to be aware of this in advance.
- Do you necessitate any additional features?
GeoDNS, DDNS, DNSSEC, load balancing, etc. Only Premium subscriptions offer a number of these helpful features. So, give it a chance!
- Is it expensive?
The price depends entirely on the supplier you choose. Prices can vary between $3 and $30 for 1 month. Although the capabilities offered by Premium DNS are fantastic, they don’t really matter to a regular web client. Nevertheless, it might be required in the future, making it a partially redundant offering.
In conclusion, we can say that Premium DNS is a really helpful feature. So, it’s worth giving it a chance and investing in it. Good luck!